In October of 1948, Eford and Pearl Lee opened Lee’s Inlet Kitchen at the current location in what had originally been a country store. Beginning with ten tables, the restaurant has been enlarged four times. Their son, Bill, owned and operated Lee’s for fifteen years and now the third generation owners and operators proudly continue the tradition. They prepare their fresh seafood in the same Lowcountry-Murrells Inlet style that their family did in the 1940’s. Customers say this style of food can’t be found anywhere else. Many of the recipes used such as the Shrimp Salad and Creole, Tartar and Cocktail Sauces, Corndodgers and famous Onion Rings have been handed down from generation to generation.