FAQs about Myrtle Beach
Did you know?
- What is the Grand Strand?
- The Myrtle Beach area, also known as South Carolina’s Grand Strand, is a 60 mile stretch of coastline. The Grand Strand begins at the South Carolina state line in Little River (Horry County) and stretches south to Pawleys Island (Georgetown County) and is considered one of the nation’s top vacation destinations. The Grand Strand hosts an estimated 13.7 million visitors annually.
- What’s the weather like in Myrtle Beach?
- Our spring and fall are very pleasant with average daily temperatures right around 75°F. Winter is short and cool with an average daytime high of 56°F, and summers are short and hot with average daily temperature reaching 89°F.
- When is hurricane season in South Carolina?
- Hurricane season runs from June through November each year. The peak months for hurricane activity are August and September.
- Are there things to do in Myrtle Beach other than go to the beach?
- Do you… like to golf? …enjoy eating at a different restaurant for every meal? …like theater and musical entertainment? …love to dance all night at clubs? …live for amusement parks and fast water slides? …want to shop til you drop? If you like lots of choices and fun all day and night, you won’t be bored in Myrtle Beach! From Elvis to minature golf, and the Hard Rock Café to outlet malls, you’ll all but forget the plain vanilla world you left behind, and leap into the technicolor possibilities!
- Can you recommend a good restaurant?
- The Grand Strand boasts over 1,200 restaurants to choose from! To pick just one as a favorite would be limiting your experience. Restaurant owners have mastered the art of satisfying the diverse palate of a diverse clientele, so broaden your horizons! Specialty restaurants run the gamut from Italian to Japanese to Australian and beyond. Fine steakhouses are easy to find. Romantic bistros abound. There are big bustling breweries and intimate cafés, elaborately themed eateries, even theaters where hearty portions of live entertainment are served alongside an evening meal. Clearly, there’s no understatement in remarking that “a world of choices” awaits!
- Does Myrtle Beach have many golf courses to choose from?
- Next to the tumbling, foam-edged Atlantic surf, the Strand’s most abundant recreation resource is golf. Numbering at more than one hundred (with more on the way), the sheer profusion of courses is extraordinary, but – to the delight of millions of golfers every year – the quality of the courses is as impressive as their quantity.
- What is the best hotel in Myrtle Beach?
- That all depends on your needs and budget. But never fear! With over 56,000 sleeping units available, you shouldn’t have any problem finding accommodations that are right for you. Visit our Accommodations page for a listing of some of Myrtle Beach’s best accommodations.